|Dobrodošli pod lipo!
- Stran je namenjena splošnim razpravam in vprašanjem glede različnih vidikov Slovenskega Wikinavedka.
Preden zastavite vprašanje, prosimo, preglejte arhivirane teme. Tu ga objavite šele, če v arhivu ne najdete ustreznega odgovora.
Pri objavi komentarjev se prosimo podpišite: uporabite --~~~~ ali kliknite ikono za podpis v urejevalni vrstici.
Spremenitev sistemskega časa[uredi]
Sistemski čas na Wikinavedku je trenutno nastavljen na UTC, ki se od slovenskega lokalnega časa (Europe/Ljubljana) razlikuje za 2 uri. Wikipedija in Wikiverza slednjega že uporabljata, preostali projekti pa so glede tega še v zaostanku. Zato je bila ideja, da se sistemski čas med vsemi projekti poeoti, v prid čemur se je skupnost na Wikiviru že izrekla. Tudi tukajšnji uporabniki ste zato vabljeni, da podate svoje strinjanje, nestrinjanje ali kakršnekoli druge pomisleke. --Janezdrilc (pogovor) 21:58, 13. avgust 2016 (CEST)
- After debug, it seems the wiki is well on Europe/Ljubljana timezone. --Dereckson (pogovor) 02:22, 16. avgust 2016 (CEST)
New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers[uredi]
New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers
The Readers web team will be deploying a new feature this week to make it easier to download PDF versions of articles on the mobile website.
Providing better offline functionality was one of the highlighted areas from the research done by the New Readers team in Mexico, Nigeria, and India. The teams created a prototype for mobile PDFs which was evaluated by user research and community feedback. The prototype evaluation received positive feedback and results, so development continued.
For the initial deployment, the feature will be available to Google Chrome browsers on Android. Support for other mobile browsers to come in the future. For Chrome, the feature will use the native Android print functionality. Users can choose to download a webpage as a PDF. Mobile print styles will be used for these PDFs to ensure optimal readability for smaller screens.
The feature is available starting Wednesday, Nov 15. For more information, see the project page on MediaWiki.org.
CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 23:07, 20. november 2017 (CET)
Editing News #1—2018[uredi]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Ste vedeli, da sedaj lahko uporabljate orodje visual diff na katerikoli strani?
Sometimes, it is hard to see important changes in a wikitext diff. This screenshot of a wikitext diff (click to enlarge) shows that the paragraphs have been rearranged, but it does not highlight the removal of a word or the addition of a new sentence.
If you enable the Beta Feature for "Vizualna primerjava redakcij", you will have a new option. It will give you a new box at the top of every diff page. This box will let you choose either diff system on any edit.
Click the toggle button to switch between visual and wikitext diffs.
In the visual diff, additions, removals, new links, and formatting changes will be highlighted. Other changes, such as changing the size of an image, are described in notes on the side.
This screenshot shows the same edit as the wikitext diff. The visual diff highlights the removal of one word and the addition of a new sentence.
You can read and help translate the user guide, which has more information about how to use the visual editor.
Since the last newsletter, the Editing Team has spent most of their time supporting the 2017 wikitext editor mode, which is available inside the visual editor as a Beta Feature, and improving the visual diff tool. Their work board is available in Phabricator. You can find links to the work finished each week at mw:VisualEditor/Weekly triage meetings. Their current priorities are fixing bugs, supporting the 2017 wikitext editor, and improving the visual diff tool.
- The 2017 wikitext editor is available as a Beta Feature on desktop devices. It has the same toolbar as the visual editor and can use the citoid service and other modern tools. The team have been comparing the performance of different editing environments. They have studied how long it takes to open the page and start typing. The study uses data for more than one million edits during December and January. Some changes have been made to improve the speed of the 2017 wikitext editor and the visual editor. Recently, the 2017 wikitext editor opened fastest for most edits, and the 2010 WikiEditor was fastest for some edits. More information will be posted at mw:Contributors/Projects/Editing performance.
- The visual diff tool was developed for the visual editor. It is now available to all users of the visual editor and the 2017 wikitext editor. When you review your changes, you can toggle between wikitext and visual diffs. You can also enable the new Beta Feature for "Visual diffs". The Beta Feature lets you use the visual diff tool to view other people's edits on page histories and Special:RecentChanges. 
- Wikitext syntax highlighting is available as a Beta Feature for both the 2017 wikitext editor and the 2010 wikitext editor. 
- The citoid service automatically translates URLs, DOIs, ISBNs, and PubMed id numbers into wikitext citation templates. It is very popular and useful to editors, although it can be a bit tricky to set up. Your wiki can have this service. Please read the instructions. You can ask the team to help you enable citoid at your wiki.
Let's work together[uredi]
21:56, 2. marec 2018 (CET)
From May 8, AdvancedSearch
will be available as a beta feature
in your wiki. The feature enhances the search page
through an advanced parameters form and aims to make existing search options
more visible and accessible for everyone. AdvancedSearch is a project by WMDE Technical Wishes
. Everyone is invited to test the feature and we hope that it will serve you well in your work!
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 16:53, 7. maj 2018 (CEST)
Update on page issues on mobile web[uredi]
Update on page issues on mobile web
Please help translate to your language
Hi everyone. The Readers web team has recently begun working on exposing issue templates on the mobile website. Currently, details about issues with page content are generally hidden on the mobile website. This leaves readers unaware of the reliability of the pages they are reading. The goal of this project is to improve awareness of particular issues within an article on the mobile web. We will do this by changing the visual styling of page issues.
So far, we have drafted a proposal on the design and implementation of the project. We were also able to run user testing on the proposed designs. The tests so far have positive results. Here is a quick summary of what we learned:
- The new treatment increases awareness of page issues among participants. This is true particularly when they are in a more evaluative/critical mode.
- Page issues make sense to readers and they understand how they work
- Readers care about page issues and consider them important
- Readers had overwhelmingly positive sentiments towards Wikipedia associated with learning about page issues
Our next step would be to start implementing these changes. We wanted to reach out to you for any concerns, thoughts, and suggestions you might have before beginning development. Please visit the project page where we have more information and mockups of how this may look. Please leave feedback on the talk page.
CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 22:58, 12. junij 2018 (CEST)
Global preferences are available[uredi]
21:19, 10. julij 2018 (CEST)